First Headliner Announcement (and roster change)

Newsflash! Some of us didnt stay and watch Rage becuase hey guess what? WE DONT LIKE THEM! I keep reading over and over about how Rage had no crowd because no one wants to be familiarized with a big catalog. I know Rage's catalog, and I dont like it. THATS why I didnt watch the show.

I'm more than stoked that IE is headlining. I love them, I love Barlow, it will surely slay.

as for astral doors, im upset cuz i really was starting to warm up to them. but rob rock is a great replacement, he's a pretty incredible vocalist.

as for who i'd like to see for the other headliner, i would really like to see blind guardian or nevermore. oh boy would that be a treat!

Wonder if there's any chance Rob Rock'll do any of his Avantasia parts. If I recall correctly the one he did at PPV was one of the other ones (still cool though). The guy's an obvious pick for a fest like ProgPower really, and he's from right nearby also. Great voice and a cool positive attitude to his music. I realize Avantasia without Tobi is like a cart without a horse, but I'm just throwing in the dark there anyway. I'm sure he'll play a set of solo stuff + an Impelliteri song or two. And it'll be fun and energetic.

"Elizabeth I am coming to join you honey" "This is the big one" Holy Shit Batman, now this is awesome news, ICED EARTH, And ROB ROCK oh man can it get any better?? Oh yeah there is still one more headliner to be announced. Can you say SELLOUT? I sure can. Thank you Glenn from the bottom of my old heart you just made it young again, and with the VOLBEAT sponsorship I am a happy camper.

As a non-Gold Badge holder, I'm hoping to get a ticket again for this year. When do GA tickets go onsale? Mar 1st or a different date.....

Very exciting news indeed! And while I was interested in checking out Astral Doors live performance, we at BEC are huge Rob Rock fans. This may indeed answer some issues yet undecided by the crew. Great job, Glenn!

WOW! This is great news! :headbang::kickass::worship:OMG: I thought that IE might be one of the bands that would be too hard to get. I'm glad that I was wrong. Glenn keeps proving himself as the Scotty (miracle worker) of Metal festivals!

Now if we could get Aryeon as the other headliner... :p

Got my ticket.
ticket.jpg

Nice photoshop work. How'd ya do it? :worship:

Caught the "ticketbastard" too :)

Newsflash! Some of us didnt stay and watch Rage becuase hey guess what? WE DONT LIKE THEM! I keep reading over and over about how Rage had no crowd because no one wants to be familiarized with a big catalog. I know Rage's catalog, and I dont like it. THATS why I didnt watch the show.

No doubt you and some others didn't and don't like Rage. That's fairly irrelevent, as that happens to evey band. It is, however, highly doubtful that 2/3 of the crowd (800 people) walked out because they didn't like them. Never in the history of ProgPower USA has 2/3 of the crowd walked out on a band because they were unliked. Glenn doesn't sign bands that's likely to happen to, much less a headliner.

The fact is that few bothered to get to know them, because their back catalog was too much to bother with. The lack of familiarity resulted in the majority walking out because there was something they were more interested in going on outside.

That is in no way a reflection on the talent of Rage, regardless of whether they get played on your radio show or not. I would agree with Zod that if they only had 3 or 4 albums the familiarity, hence the attendance, would have been far higher.

Nice photoshop work. How'd ya do it? :worship:

Caught the "ticketbastard" too :)
Looks like: http://says-it.com/concertticket/

and with the VOLBEAT sponsorship I am a happy camper.
You're the coolest thing EVER for having the VOLBEAT sponsorship. I can not WAIT to see them!

Iced Earth is an excellent addition to the line up! They were one of my very first ever metal concerts (thanks, Mom!) and it will be great to see them again!

I'm SAAAAAAD about Astral Doors. I was really looking forward to seeing them BUT at least they are guaranteed next year -- :headbang:

No doubt you and some others didn't and don't like Rage. That's fairly irrelevent, as that happens to evey band. It is, however, highly doubtful that 2/3 of the crowd (800 people) walked out because they didn't like them. Never in the history of ProgPower USA has 2/3 of the crowd walked out on a band because they were unliked. Glenn doesn't sign bands that's likely to happen to, much less a headliner.

The fact is that few bothered to get to know them, because their back catalog was too much to bother with. The lack of familiarity resulted in the majority walking out because there was something they were more interested in going on outside.

That is in no way a reflection on the talent of Rage, regardless of whether they get played on your radio show or not. I would agree with Zod that if they only had 3 or 4 albums the familiarity, hence the attendance, would have been far higher.

I stayed, and am glad I did since seeing them in the US again doesn't seem to be likely anytime soon. Wouldn't have missed their entire set for all the grits in GA.....