Guess The Returning Bands Thread...

Pyramaze51 said:
Now that THUNDERSTONE has been announced i would like to change my guess.

Headliners: EVERGRAY PAGAN'S MIND

Friday #4 NOCTURNAL RITES

Sat #2 CLOUDSCAPE
I really hope you are right about Evergrey getting a headline spot and Cloudscape being on the bill.

Pagan's Mind seems like a likely choice, but I thought of them as a 3rd slot band. Anyway, I'll still go with Pagan's Mind in the remaining second slot and Evergrey as a headliner. I'd rather have Blind Guardian and Symphony X, but that's wishful thinking.

With Thunderstone announced, it'll be really hard to guess that Saturday #2 spot because its between a heavy prog band and a traditional-ish power metal band. Perhaps Adagio makes the number two spot and breaks the two year rule?

As for the headliners and number 4 on Friday, I'm gonna put my money on Freedom Call as #4 Friday just cause I want to see it happen so bad. Follow it up with Evergrey and call it a day.

I don't like em, but I think it's inevitable that Helloween is gonna nab a headliner spot. Pisses me off, but w/e.

With the bands that were announced, it eliminates a few bands from returning...

There is a second slot, a forth slot and 2 headliners still open! that means that the returning bands are either an opener, a third slot band or a forth slot band from prog power 1 though 4! :loco:

YtseJammer said:
I could see Mercenary back with a two spot on Saturday...no way are they getting a 4 spot.

Vanden Plas, Evergrey, and Threshold could all get the four spot on Friday.

Cmon Mo; Evergrey would never get a 4 spot. They will headline the show; they aren't going to go backwards and play 75 mins. Now Vanden Plas in a 4 spot would be sweet, as would Threshold. Could care less about Mercenary, but did they play 45 or 60 mins. last time??? Because if they played 60, then they would get the 4 spot since if i recall correctly, both returning bands are moving up a slot....

AngraRULES said:
With that money I can put anyone here in this board in an alcoholic coma. Trust me.

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: LMAO Very cool AngraRules... :kickass:

With six bands now announced, I have a really good feeling about Threshold returning, and now I'm thinking maybe even in the headline spot on Friday night.

I will be happy either way 75 or 90 min. A return for Threshold is a must this time!!

Azrael LenGraden said:
Glen has previous said there are two returning bands...Then he had stated of the rules he set fourth, that one band is exempt from the rules but he did not say which rule. My guess is that it's either three bands returning or one band returning from PPV (waving the two year rule).
How about Kamelot headlining Saturday night and we get to see multiple duets between Roy and Simone?

As far as rules go, there are three bands that have played after PPV, BUT also played before PPV. These are Angra (PPIII & VI) , Kamelot (PPII & V) and Edguy (PPIII & V). These guys would break the "No PPV & VI" rule, but would still be ok because of the "Returning band" rule (!?!?!?!?! Am I really giving this much thought to it!?). Needless to say, none of the above would be a number two spot.

Throw into the mix that Edguy released a new CD 3 days ago (though I think it was only in Europe). Also, Kamelot's The Black Halo kicks serious ass, so who knows. Kamelot has also been touring with Epica......... Hmmmmmmm........ I think Kamelot has a pretty strong case.

BTW, for those of you who believe in trends, this would be a year that PoS should return, as they have done ALL the odd numbered PPs. Don't thik it'll happen as I think, as somebody pointed out in another thread, that they do not want to, or are reluctant to, play in the states.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
I'll put $500 on Evergrey(I did extremely well prognosticating football this year)
and I'll also take a stab at Devin Townsend

$700!!

Maybe we should have spent this money sponsoring! :)

nightwish58 said:
Superior or Vanden Plas (75 mins) and Evergrey (more likely Evergrey, but Superior or Vanden Plas would be great!) Vanden Plas makes sense to me as they hyave a new album coming out and went over very well as far as I know.

As much as I'd love to see Evergrey again, I really think Vanden Plas or Threshold will be the returning band and Friday night headliner!:headbang:

Vanden Plas - The God Thing:worship:

ragingsaxmachine said:
With Thunderstone announced, it'll be really hard to guess that Saturday #2 spot because its between a heavy prog band and a traditional-ish power metal band. Perhaps Adagio makes the number two spot and breaks the two year rule?

As for the headliners and number 4 on Friday, I'm gonna put my money on Freedom Call as #4 Friday just cause I want to see it happen so bad. Follow it up with Evergrey and call it a day.

I don't like em, but I think it's inevitable that Helloween is gonna nab a headliner spot. Pisses me off, but w/e.

Judging by the bands I have heard so far, the lineup seems more power than prog. I love Thunderstone and am really happy they are coming. Pagan's mind in the 4 spot on Friday followed by Threshold (or Symph X!) would be very cool, and Evergrey closing it all out on Saturday would make me pee my pants.

I would love to see Dead Soul Tribe make the 2 slot on Saturday, they have had a song on the last couple of compilation disks and they would provide good balance to all the power bands in the lineup so far.

But hey what the hell do I know--I am just a fan not a god like Glenn.

adaher said:
Oh, and Dragonforce is getting in there at #4 on Saturday.

Despite the fact that I really want to see them, I kinda forgot about them. I remember Glenn saying something about getting visas for them being an unholy bitch in a previous thread, but who knows. I'm really interested to see how this very powery lineup is gonna get balanced out. Freak Kitchen kicks my ass so heavily though.

ragingsaxmachine said:
I'm really interested to see how this very powery lineup is gonna get balanced out. Freak Kitchen kicks my ass so heavily though.

I don't see where people are getting that this is a "very powery lineup" from. I'd score it dead even right now.

Pyramaze - power
Savage Circus - POWER
Thunderstone - power

Wastefall - prog
Epica - prog
Freak Kitchen - I don't know much about them but from what I've read about them - prog

It very well may lean one way or another in the end, but for now everyone (with rare exceptions) should be satisfied. Glenn's done an amazing job so far ... and we haven't even gotten to the headliners. (I still say they will be Evergrey and Primal Fear!)