Band #4 Confirmed

Just so you know, Glenn, my "who" post yesterday was sincere. (I don't want to get banned, too!) Whoever posted the youtube videos, thanks. This sounds pretty good. I'm just happy they don't have a screetchy vocalist.

Things are a bit different this year in terms of official press releases. I have decided not to use my normal PR firm in order to cut costs and honestly, I don't think I need it anymore in terms of getting the word out. I did write up a formal release with Redemption this year and have plans to do the same with various other bands as well. I have never released an official press release for every single band confirmation through the years though. Century Media was actually suppose to release a press release today in support of Firewind and the festival. However, it never happened for reasons that I do not know.

Century Media just fired their Radio Promotions guy (Kurt) and isnt going to replace him in the near future. So, i think there might be some 'downsizing' or 'house cleaning going on there. Hence, no release about Firewind. Who knows....

Don't like thier actual single from the new album that much. But every other song on it is kick-ass!

I will wait in eagerness for thier set.

I shall also wait in sweet eagerness for the next band to be announced! (crosses fingers* SymphonyxSymphonyxSymphonyx*)

I only have to say four words about Firewind's "Allegiance" album:

damn...

Damn...

DAMN...

D-A-M-N!!!!!!

This is THE best f%&^%(&%^king thing I've heard in a LONG time.

I just got done listening to the album today... hope they do as well in concert as they do on the album.

I wonder how Apollo will do on the older stuff...if they will do any of the older stuff.

Dont even joke about that!!!

I do not mean that as a joke. I many of these countries, military service is a very real thing. Their is no question that Wastefall got screwed by their own countrymen last year. I just do not want to see Glenn having to scramble to get a replacement for Firewind if Athens gets a major case of the stupid and decides to draft Firewind into the military on the eve of their biggest break.

Peace,
Ray C.

Disagree there. Start with "Allegiance" as that's what forced their way onto the roster.

I have to agree with Glenn--while Gus G. has always been amazing, the first two CDs were good, but just standad power metal with great guitar. Forged By Fire was a big step up in terms of songs--and a great vocalist in Chitty Sampala. Allegiance, however, just absolutely kicks ass with great songs, great vocals and phenominal guitar. The song structures on Allegiance are significantly better than on the previous CDs. One of the best CDs of the year.

Exploding Ned and Co. is the sponsor. Enjoy.
:headbang:

Damn this is good news - so far the bands are split evenly between bands I follow & really like and have wanted to see live - and 2 "new" to me bands - that I am digging based on the cds I've been able to find. Freakin' sweet.

Question for Glenn or any knowledgeable sponsor type peeps - when it says "sponsored in part by" - is that all of em or as we get closer is there a possiblity that someone else may be added as a sponsor? Just curious - I had these guys on my first stab at sponsoring bands - but I was operating out of naivety and prolly didnt bid as much as i could have (that line about meeting Glenn's lawyer & all lol) I would rather be safe (gold badge) than sorry (paying money to a lawyer just months after alimony payments end lol)

Looking at the bands and their placement on the roster - this is shaping up to be a freaking monster festival - and that makes me very happy indeed. :headbang:

jeff