Headliner Announcement

Oh Hell Yes!!!! I knew it! This year is turning out to be the greatest show ever! With the exception of Communic (I don't really know them but I like what I've heard so far) every band is one that I have been wanting to see live. This will definitely be a weekend to remember!

Wow is this going to be great! I think Tony Kakko is a brilliant song writer and singer. Henrik is awesome to watch playing that keytar, and Jani of course is great on guitar! WooHoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are stoked. My son, pictured below with Tony, and I will be there. I really wondered whether this would happen. We asked Tony about ProgPower and he said that it wasn't financially feasible to do a one off. So, this appearance must be part of planned US tour or the result of a very generous sponsor. Whatever the case, just great news. It will be great to come back to ProgPower and bring my son with me.

[
2902646-R1-010-3A_2.jpg

SONATA ARCTICA!!!!!!!!! A true headliner for the premier metal festival!!! This year is shaping up amazingly. I can't wait to see who is next, the last week has kicked my ass 4 times now haha!

I'm also on the "play wolf and raven" boat, considering they haven't played it either of the 2 times I have seen them. Third time's a charm!! PROGPOWERR!!! Cheers!! :) :)

Sonata Arctica! Oh hell yeah!

It does make me wonder if me and Larry had any part in this. After the show last January at Jaxx, me and Larry were doing our best sell-job to Tony Kakko in trying to get them to consider playing ProgPower. He did not even know what ProgPower was at the time. I guess I'll have to ask him when (and yes I am definitly going - but, holy shit, those tickets are going to go fast this year!), I see them.

Of course, this also begs the question - will I get to see them at Jaxx as well? Would make sense that they would go on a tour, especially since they will most likely have a brand-new album out at the time as well.

I am definitly stoked as Sonata Arctica is one of my all-time favs. Not only that, but these guys are just some of the coolest dudes to hang out with, and I really respect what they are doing for the whole metal scene. Awesome musicians with awesome talent, and awesome "down-to-earth" attitudes! They appreciate thier fans as much as we appreciate them and thier music!

Thank you Glenn for finally getting these guys on!

I guess I'll have to ask him when (and yes I am definately going - but, holy shit, those tickets are going to go fast this year!), I see them.

Thank you Glenn for finally getting these guys on!

Camp out on the Ticketbastard website when they go on sale. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 until you get the tickets!

Gotta see this lineup! I'd be one pissed off guy if we couldn't go.

Heck, I already made the hotel reservations BEFORE this killer lineup was announced!

I'm stoked too. Can't you tell? :)

:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

A lot of metal bands do this. IA wore his shirts while playing. I think its partly a 'hey I like my shirt' and partly a 'hey buy my shirt.' I no longer mind it.

Sonata Arctica!! YES! I saw these guys for the first time at the Masquerade in Atlanta and was thoroughly impressed. Great vocals and that keytar is most excellent. AWESOME JOB ON THIS ONE!!! PP8 is gonna fuckin' rock!!!!!!!!!!!! :kickass: :kickass:

They put on a great show Glenn!! That's a great choice and I'll be on the floor by the stage the entire time...

I honestly though, did not consider them for a headlining slot, but for a 4th slot maybe. Not complaining at all, but this surprised me big time.

It will be nice to see Sonata again, because they put on a great show on their last US tour, but I am not 100% sold on the headlining spot. If Glenn deems it so, who am I to argue?