Mystery Update

Hmmmm....... I sure am late to all this excitement.

I suppose a band that is not going to be up everyone's alley would be.... well anyone, but trying to use some formula here..........

A: cookie vocals
B: Non-metal (prog rock maybe)
c: non-prog/powermetal...... ala traditional/thrash etc.

Still have no clue.

Bryant

And I'm not a fan of people who flounce off of a forum like a whiny pre-teen girl, then return and continue to behave in the same boorish, self-important manner that made them unpopular in the first place.

I'll take bad puns over self-important windbags any day.

And I'm not a fan of people who flounce off of a forum like a whiny pre-teen girl, then return and continue to behave in the same boorish, self-important manner that made them unpopular in the first place.

I'll take bad puns over self-important windbags any day.

pwned-facekick.jpg

A million internets for using a played-out pun that the bands themselves invented?

Bah, you're just jealous because you didn't get a million internets today. :lol:

For the record, while I knew the pun was probably abused in the past, I had no idea about the name of that tour. Pretty funny actually!

Bah, you're just jealous because you didn't get a million internets today. :lol:

For the record, while I knew the pun was probably abused in the past, I had no idea about the name of that tour. Pretty funny actually!

Yeah I def could've used some extra interwebs today! Ironically I've been struggling with a shit connection for most of the afternoon hahaha.

Also Orbweaver definitely did pwn me. :'( touche.

Not that I claim to even vaguely know Glenn's taste in music, but he himself referring to a band that he has fanboy tendencies towards makes me assume that most of the bands people are suggesting are way out of touch with the general idea of the 'mystery band', unless Glenn wants a band he can get drunk and shake his ass to....

I couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the big problem with alot of these blind guesses (mine included)- and it's an obvious problem at that- is that we don't know whether or not the money pooled together by the fans was all the money that will be used to cover this band's costs, or if it was only a % and Glenn plans to make up the difference like with Turisas. So since we won't know how much money is involved here, it will be virtually impossible to determine who it is. Foreign bands will need like $10,000 just for flights and visas, let alone any kind of gig fee or guarantee.

With the hints I think it either has to have growls or be AOR. That limits my guesses somewhat but would Cynic be a big enough name to demand that high of a slot?

I like the way you're thinking, but.....what could they do that would be "exclusive"? Hell, they played virtually every song in their 2.5 album repertoire on their last tour! (And it did indeed rule.)

'Course, they could always play surf versions as a special exclusive gig. :heh:

I didn't. Periphery did. They're even on a tour called The League of Extraordinary Djentlemen. I'm not a fan of re-hashing old jokes.

Bah. Lousy movie to use for a pun.
They should have called it The League of Djentlemen Tour, after the much-better, extremely twisted BBC TV series, but apparently....they weren't Local enough.