Mystery Update

I like the way you're thinking, but.....what could they do that would be "exclusive"? Hell, they played virtually every song in their 2.5 album repertoire on their last tour! (And it did indeed rule.)

'Course, they could always play surf versions as a special exclusive gig. :heh:

I read somewhere they have a new album out this summer and that's the only reason I figured they could be on the list since they did tour last year. And they've never played PP.

I just assume to pick an American band due to travel and visa costs. Of course maybe hell froze over and Shadow Gallery decided to play to 0 fee. :loco:

Watchtower would be awesome!!! I think I just nutted on the darkened stairs of Earthlink...EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL GOING DOWN THOSE STAIRS!

I've let this thread go on long enough. It's obvious people, if you read the most recent Entertainment Weekly, then you know that Donnie Wahlberg and New Kids on the Block are reforming to do a tour this summer. While that alone is not an exclusive, if Glenn also convinced Mark Wahlberg to perform a one-off with Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, then there you have your exclusive tag-team roster spot.

We had the Hietala brothers last year, so why not the Wahlberg brothers this year??

Ken

I think the big problem with alot of these blind guesses (mine included)- and it's an obvious problem at that- is that we don't know whether or not the money pooled together by the fans was all the money that will be used to cover this band's costs, or if it was only a % and Glenn plans to make up the difference like with Turisas. So since we won't know how much money is involved here, it will be virtually impossible to determine who it is. Foreign bands will need like $10,000 just for flights and visas, let alone any kind of gig fee or guarantee.

I agree with that completely - which is why I tend to suspect the band might be a North American one... like BLACKGUARD. :) Afterall, this would *totally* be an exclusive!

:lol:

I've let this thread go on long enough. It's obvious people, if you read the most recent Entertainment Weekly, then you know that Donnie Wahlberg and New Kids on the Block are reforming to do a tour this summer. While that alone is not an exclusive, if Glenn also convinced Mark Wahlberg to perform a one-off with Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, then there you have your exclusive tag-team roster spot.

You might then get my wife to attend Prog Power before I do!

NKOTB / BSB is sold out in Chicago!

We had the Hietala brothers last year, so why not the Wahlberg brothers this year??

Ken

Maybe Marky Mark can don a wig and reprise his role from "Rockstar" and have a "Steel Dragon" reunion complete with Jeff Scott Soto providing the vocals offstage?? :loco:

Mystery solved:

HEAVY METAL'S TRIBUTE TO THE GENIUS OF FRANK SINATRA:
Not sure whether this is funny...cool...or tragic! But, for the record - Press Release / "On 28 March 2011, Eagle Rock 's Armoury Records is delighted release the truly unique SIN-atra album. This is another mind and genre-bending triumph from the team that brought you We Wish You A Metal Xmas and, put simply, is the world of heavy metal 's tribute to the genius of Frank Sinatra. Featuring a great line-up of artists, SIN-atra offers a set of totally original versions of classic Frank Sinatra songs. The album features twelve songs made famous by Ol ' Blue Eyes which are given a radical and individual new treatment from some of the finest voices in rock including members of Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Deep Purple, Queensryche, Mr Big, Warrant and Cheap Trick with the backing of a superb band led by guitarist Bob Kulick (Kiss/Meat Loaf).

Track Listing: 1) New York, New York (Devin Townsend) 2) I 've Got You Under My Skin (Glenn Hughes) 3) Summerwind (Geoff Tate) 4) It Was A Very Good Year (Dee Snider) 5) Witchcraft (Tim Ripper Owens) 6) Fly Me To The Moon (Robin Zander) 7) Lady Is A Tramp (Eric Martin) 8) I 've Got The World On A String (Dug Pinnick) 9) Love And Marriage (Elias Soriano) 10) Strangers In The Night (Joey Belladonna) 11) High Hopes (Franky Perez) 12) That 's Life (Jani Lane).
These classics are re-imagined musically by the SIN-atra house band which features Bob Kulick (guitar); Brett Chassen (drums); Billy Sheehan (bass); Doug Katsaros (keyboards & orchestrations); Richie Kotzen (lead guitar on That's Life). The songs are known to everyone but you 've never heard them quite like this before!"

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Actually, I'd be happy if it was "Over The Rainbow", the tribute band with former Rainbow members including JLT and Richie's son. They have only played a few Russian and European dates. http://www.myspace.com/overtherainbowrocks

"New York, New York" sung by Devy? Holy shit!

Band name.

"Lead female's naaaaaaaaaaaame!" :heh:

Maybe Marky Mark can don a wig and reprise his role from "Rockstar" and have a "Steel Dragon" reunion complete with Jeff Scott Soto providing the vocals offstage?? :loco:

--And that other guy-with-the-impossible-name from Steelheart. "We Alllll Diiiiiie Younnnnnnnnnnnnnng....."

Hell, I'd buy THAT for a dollar! :kickass:

(That movie was great....up until about two-thirds in.)

I have another guess...I think Glenn had mentioned these guys in another topic...now the asking price for THESE guys might be too high..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyyJk4cOyE&nofeather=True[/ame]

BLACKGUARD

mystery_solved_large.jpg