The festival headliner next year....

They've already done this. I feel their time at ProgPower has come and gone. Until the very end.
Agreed! Evergrey is awesome, but I actually hope it is not one of the bands like Evergrey or Pagan's Mind who have been to the festival multiple times in the past as well as toured the states previously. I would much rather see a band in this roll that has either never been to the festival before, has not played the festival multiple times already, or has not toured the states before.

Glenn recently posted on Twitter that there is only 1 repeat band next year. If that is still true, and the headliner is that returning band, I hope this special 2-hour set comes from Sabaton. :headbang: That would be much more special IMO since it felt like their set was kinda cut short the first/last time they were here. I think Freak Kitchen would also be really cool in this roll.

Either way, kudos to whoever the band is fore stepping up and choosing to make the experience more special for the fans!

Agreed! Evergrey is awesome, but I actually hope it is not one of the bands like Evergrey or Pagan's Mind who have been to the festival multiple times in the past as well as toured the states previously. I would much rather see a band in this roll that has either never been to the festival before, has not played the festival multiple times already, or has not toured the states before.

Glenn recently posted on Twitter that there is only 1 repeat band next year. If that is still true, and the headliner is that returning band, I hope this special 2-hour set comes from Sabaton. :headbang: That would be much more special IMO since it felt like their set was kinda cut short the first/last time they were here. I think Freak Kitchen would also be really cool in this roll.

Either way, kudos to whoever the band is fore stepping up and choosing to make the experience more special for the fans!

I would like to see Sabaton again, but to be honest I think 2 hours is pushing it for them. I think this will be a new band that hasn't played to be honest.

I don't want to sound insistent but I can totally see Dreaming Neon Black being played on its entirety followed by an hour of ass-kicking, bone-crushing, pure NEVERMORE assault.

Hey, if Glenn didn't give up on Conception - hell needed to freeze over, and it did - one of the best shows in ProgPower history, there's nothing wrong in us hoping for that.

Will be performing a special two hour show...at their request.

Major respect.
(Proviso: This is not a fanboy wish response, but analysis of the festival and groups come and gone...)
Only two bands fit into this category:
Special 2 hour set at their request (meaning a band who really has a special connection with the ProgPower Audience, and Glenn especially).
That spells Evergrey in my opinion.
They will have another new album out this fall, which gives them 2+ albums of new material.
Glenn will say "fuck the audience, I want THESE guys" every once in a while and I think that is the case this time.

The OTHER major might be Symphony X. They also have had 2-3? discs out since they were here last, and a two hour set could just include one complete album.

I have seen Evergrey more times than any other group since IV, but am OK with seeing them again as long as they weight their set heavily on the last couple of albums.

Symph X deserves to come back, IMO--I don't think they tour often enough for a group that resides IN the states and they put on a helluva show.

I could not see Sabaton doing a two hour set. There would be heart attacks in the audience from people jumping around like maniacs for that long. There would have to be oxygen tanks set up all over the floor.

Now those choices make sense. My wildcard prediction, and the one that I think Glenn has chosen--Brainstorm.

Brainstorm was a little bit disappointing last time. I don't think Glenn would have them return so soon and give them a 2-hour headlining slot. As for Evergrey, it makes sense, but as somebody else said, been there-done that. You gotta remember that a lot of people had an overdose of Evergrey that night. I don't know if it'd be a good idea, but...

Symphony X - I'd be happy, but not entirely. They tour quite a lot in the US now. Also, it seems that SX is becoming kinda like BG. Their live sets are pretty much almost the same thing, with the exception of 3-4 songs. It's time for them to change up a bit.

Rhapsody of Fire would be cool - they still have to play ProgPower USA. Plus the band is awesome live. They have enough material and are big enough to headline the fest. I could also see Within Temptation doing something like that.

There are very few bands that fit this criteria but i am going to take a real shot from the hip. I have no clue what-so-ever, but i don't think it is Evergrey or Symphony X, it could be WITHIN TEMPTATION or even NIGHTWISH who knows, except Glenn