The festival headliner next year....

I've never been a huge fan of Pretty Maids, they've always been just okay for me. But their newest album is their best yet, IMO, a big step forward. If there's any time to bring them to PP, it's with that kind of momentum.

a) I don't think Allen/Lande is a headliner unless they are doing more than Allen/Lande stuff

b) Even if they were, I can't see them asking for more set time given they only have three albums.

I would think that any band that wants more time would want it because they've got a couple of long songs they want to play that they don't normally get a chance to. Maybe Symphony X wants to do the Odyssey.

a) I don't think Allen/Lande is a headliner unless they are doing more than Allen/Lande stuff

b) Even if they were, I can't see them asking for more set time given they only have three albums.

I would think that any band that wants more time would want it because they've got a couple of long songs they want to play that they don't normally get a chance to. Maybe Symphony X wants to do the Odyssey.

Didn't Symphony X do "The Odyssey" last time they played PPUSA? I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that.

Why hasn't anybody said Nevermore yet?

(did Masterplan's recent album get any love? Seriously where was it? Okay its mediocre to my ears, but to this community I figured people would be shouting its praise. If it had, maybe they would have been considered headliner material).

Allen/Lande

Are there two or three of those discs?

I can't help it - I bought the first one expecting to be blown away..... and was subjected to two of the best vocalists out there in what seemed to be a 'basic lyrics 101' exercise. I can last two songs everytime I play it and then have to check out when I get halfway through track three.

I don't know much about the guy who put the project together and wrote the lyrics etc but it certainly wasn't as impressive as it should have been.

UGH

Why hasn't anybody said Nevermore yet?

Ahem... from the first page of the thread. :lol:

AngraRULES said:
I don't want to sound insistent but I can totally see Dreaming Neon Black being played on its entirety followed by an hour of ass-kicking, bone-crushing, pure NEVERMORE assault.

Hey, if Glenn didn't give up on Conception - hell needed to freeze over, and it did - one of the best shows in ProgPower history, there's nothing wrong in us hoping for that.

I've never been a huge fan of Pretty Maids, they've always been just okay for me. But their newest album is their best yet, IMO, a big step forward. If there's any time to bring them to PP, it's with that kind of momentum.
Agreed .. their latest album is fairly heavy, and quite excellent. It's one of my favorites of the year. I used to chuckle when people would mention these guys, but I've really gained an appreciation for them the past few years. It's to the point where I would be quite happy if they were announced for the fest.

Britt

Allen/Lande

Are there two or three of those discs?

They have a new one coming out later this year.

I for one would love to see it. I don't know if Allen/Lande themselves, as a band, are headliner worthy strictly for the number of cd's they have out... however, Glenn did say "Major Respect"... I think "Major Respect" is more than due to Russell Allen, Jorn Lande, and Magnus Karlsson. Somehow though, I don't think it will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they're very popular on this forum, but and I mean this as no disrespect to them, are they really headliner material?

I think the only reason why one would consider them true headliner caliber (and I don't really), is because they have a somewhat long career but have never really played in the US. However, after the last album, it seems that Shadow Gallery is going to be playing live now. That kinda kills the whole "special" factor of it. I can see Shadow Gallery getting a 4th or 5th slot, but not a headliner.