The festival headliner next year....

I am hoping it will be Vanden Plas. Finally returning after failing to appear twice at the festival AND making it a memoriable night. As an alternative, the likely return band could be Edguy.

I am hoping it will be Vanden Plas. Finally returning after failing to appear twice at the festival AND making it a memoriable night. As an alternative, the likely return band could be Edguy.

Edguy I could definitely see. Especially if the "special set" has a heavy focus on the power metal stuff.

I could see the stipulation being made by Within Temptation to get them here

I think only the most die-hard of die-hards would want to see 2+ hours of Edguy in 2010. I love the fun and energy of their show, but 60 minutes is a full meal for me.

Another possibility, if they don't tour the US before PP next year (and maybe even if they do): Blind Guardian.

and me!! :wave:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

~Jen

Gentlemen, ply her with alcohol. Maybe she'll talk. :)

I bet Green Carnation gets back together and plays Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness in its entirety.

Unlikely as all get-out, but.....I would reallly LOVE to see that. They have never played Atlanta before, and I don't think they played all of "LoD,DoD" at their show in Augusta at Sector 7G. (!)

I could see it being Shadow Gallery with guest vocalist, but to be the first thing that popped in my head when i read this was....Savatage reunion.

yet however if i get this job then my PPUSA experience will be cut back to just Saturday for a few years :confused::yell::cry:

Edguy I could definitely see. Especially if the "special set" has a heavy focus on the power metal stuff.

I don't think Edguy needs this to be perfectly honest. I know neither does Kamelot either, but I highly doubt they are this band considering the set lists they typically have when they tour. I'm guessing this is a band that doesn't really tour the US much if at all.

There are very few bands that fit this criteria but i am going to take a real shot from the hip. I have no clue what-so-ever, but i don't think it is Evergrey or Symphony X, it could be WITHIN TEMPTATION or even NIGHTWISH who knows, except Glenn

I would love for one of these bands to be the one. I know a lot of people think Evergrey's time is up with Prog Power, but I've yet to have a chance to see them (since this is my first time going). I'd be elated if I could finally check them off my list. Same with Within Temptation. :)

The only way this is Edguy is if Tobias needs an extra half hour to horse around with the crowd. Which is fine by me, he's funny as hell.

But if I had to guess, I'd think either Evergrey, Symphony X, or Pretty Maids. If we're finally getting Pretty Maids, I could see them wanting two hours due to the sheer amount of material they have.

The only way this is Edguy is if Tobias needs an extra half hour to horse around with the crowd. Which is fine by me, he's funny as hell.

But if I had to guess, I'd think either Evergrey, Symphony X, or Pretty Maids. If we're finally getting Pretty Maids, I could see them wanting two hours due to the sheer amount of material they have.

Pretty Maids is another band I just don't get the appeal. But you know, considering how much most people attending the fest want them, it would be a good idea.