The festival headliner next year....

They should just hang it up. Pain of Salvation went the way of Queensryche.

Entropia = Queensryche E.P...strong beginnings
One Hour By The Concrete Lake = The Warning...Impressive sophomore disc pulls in more fans
The Perfect Element = Rage For Order...The band becomes a must see. Brilliant disc!
Remedy Lane = Operation:Mindcrime...the peak...can you improve on either disc?
BE = Empire...still very strong material but hints at a directional change
Scarsick = Promised Land...a few good songs but otherwise a partial turd
Road Salt = Hear In The Now Frontier...a steaming pile

Whats next? Daniel mostly naked on stage???
There's the headliner...Pain of Salvation cabaret!!! I figured it all out!

One Hour By The Concrete Lake = The Warning...Impressive sophomore disc pulls in more fans
The Perfect Element = Rage For Order...The band becomes a must see. Brilliant disc!

:lol: So true, only Be was worse than Scarsick, and Remedy Lane is above One Hour. Other than that, you're dead on!!! :lol:

I guess you weren't there, since there was clearly more than 50% of the crowd in the room. :lol:

I'd say maybe a quarter left, but 50% is a bit much....

i was there and the room was pretty empty, hence me freezing because the air conditioner was set for 1,200 people. but when it's only 600 that changes everything. ;)

but i am sure glenn can toss up some picks or a video and help us out with our memories.

I wasn't there but any band who follows Blind Guardian's first US appearance would've probably had the same effect.
I was there for 2004 and I thought they were well-received (especially by me, first and only time I've been able to see my favorite band).

they were supposed to go on BEFORE BG, but apparently BG had to be somewhere and catch a flight or something so PoS had to go after, but i have always heard rumors that BG were partying in the hotel all night long and it was a sham. again, rumors i heard.

but i have always disliked BG for that move regardless. it was bush league i tell ya, bush league!

i was there and the room was pretty empty, hence me freezing because the air conditioner was set for 1,200 people. but when it's only 600 that changes everything. ;)

but i am sure glenn can toss up some picks or a video and help us out with our memories.

Now that you mention the A/C, I remember it being really friggin' cold indeed! I had my eyes glued to the stage, so if it was me, you and Glenn or 1200 people, I probably wouldn't really know the difference. Thinking back, all I remember is watching the stage and not really blinking. :lol:

I disagree... Promised Land and Scarsick are far from being Partial turds... I think they are both great albums. Not only that, Promised Land is my favorite Queensryche album...

And Roald Salt is not that bad... Half the disc is incredible, IMO.. and the other half is OK. Very unfair to compare it to the steaming pile that Hitnf is... ahha

And lets be honest, nothing on the planet is on the same level as The Perfect Element. Or the first three discs in general.

they were supposed to go on BEFORE BG, but apparently BG had to be somewhere and catch a flight or something so PoS had to go after, but i have always heard rumors that BG were partying in the hotel all night long and it was a sham. again, rumors i heard.

but i have always disliked BG for that move regardless. it was bush league i tell ya, bush league!

No idea if you're right or not but personally it's hard for me to imagine the BG guys actually partying. It has merely to do with the way I've seen them carry themselves on stage, which is to say, not exactly with gusto. (I was at their tour stop in my town shortly after PP.) Maybe they're saving their energy and turn into raging hooligans behind the scenes. But their stage behavior doesn't exactly say "party animals". (They did turn it up a bit when they came back around in 06).

No wonder. The new material is garbage. PoS deserves a 2 hour, headlining spot at ProgPower. I personally think the contract should explicitly say that they're not allowed to play anything off any album after Remedy Lane.

Fixed. :)

i do love their old stuff and was one of the remaining 50% in the room despite it being like 50 degrees. i remember freezing my ass off watching them.

Center Stage is the only venue I've ever been in where, going from backstage to the "concert bowl," the temperature and humidity can both plummet by 30. (Not every band or vocalist wants things cold, but if they do, boy can Center Stage deliver!)

And lets be honest, nothing on the planet is on the same level as The Perfect Element. Or the first three discs in general.

This.

I never got the appeal of Ayreon/Star One. Something about Arjen's songwriting leaves me cold. I did enjoy Stream of Passion and Ambeon though.

On the whole, I'd say I agree, but there are a handful of tracks on just about every Ayreon album that are solid, if not downright awesome. It's the lyrics that get me; they're about as subtle as a jackhammer.

No idea if you're right or not but personally it's hard for me to imagine the BG guys actually partying. It has merely to do with the way I've seen them carry themselves on stage, which is to say, not exactly with gusto. (I was at their tour stop in my town shortly after PP.) Maybe they're saving their energy and turn into raging hooligans behind the scenes. But their stage behavior doesn't exactly say "party animals". (They did turn it up a bit when they came back around in 06).
They can and they do, just not like their 20.

... but personally it's hard for me to imagine the BG guys actually partying. ... their stage behavior doesn't exactly say "party animals".

Worst, yet funniest, show I've ever witnessed was Blind Guardian in Copenhagen many years ago (guess it was either on "Imaginations ..." or "Nightfall.." tour).

I arrived in the afternoon to do an interview with Hansi, and immediately he pulled out a couple of beers and some red wine. It was a fun interview :)

Well, a few hours later he apparently had kept drinking, because when the band entered the stage (which by the way was RIDICULOUSLY small), the entire band was drunk beyond belief. Luckily for them it wasn't a big show, and there might only have been 50-70 people there.

I remember at one point Hansi being so piss-drunk he was lying on the floor while their roadie was singing the songs.

c.

I would pick being in a crowd of 50 or 60 true metal heads watching a band like Manilla Road over most other bands any day of the frickin week.

Since when did a band's album sales or ticket sales indicate how good they are?

There are MANY amazing bands on small labels that have never benefited from bigger label exposure or being on a big package tour.

Granted, a band like Manilla Road doesn't have the gimmick or commercial appeal of many other underground metal bands, which is why they would never be truly appreciated. Same goes for bands like Slough Feg, etc.

To be honest, I am baffled why Diabolik and Pate of all people on this forum would be so quick to rip a band like MR when you are both fans of many bands who would at best draw 25.

I would pick being in a crowd of 50 or 60 true metal heads watching a band like Manilla Road over most other bands any day of the frickin week.

Since when did a band's album sales or ticket sales indicate how good they are?

There are MANY amazing bands on small labels that have never benefited from bigger label exposure or being on a big package tour.

Granted, a band like Manilla Road doesn't have the gimmick or commercial appeal of many other underground metal bands, which is why they would never be truly appreciated. Same goes for bands like Slough Feg, etc.

To be honest, I am baffled why Diabolik and Pate of all people on this forum would be so quick to rip a band like MR when you are both fans of many bands who would at best draw 25.

ooohh!!! Kitty has claws.

I was just making a fun dig. That is all, you know I am not a fan of Manilla Road. I didnt say they you have to sell tickets to be good. Just an observation on the draw of Manilla Road. I have seen it first hand...so have you.